Growing In Faith and Learning
At St. Leonard’s CE Primary School, the safeguarding of our children is the highest priority. Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibly within the school but there are various people who take on specific roles within the school.
Cathy Young - Safeguarding Lead and Designated Teacher for Looked After and Previously Looked After Children. Early Help leader. email@example.com
Laura Cooke - Assistant Head and Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Nicky Green - Lead first aider
Gaynor Hateley- PSHE Leader, Emotion coach, ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant) and Wellbeing champion.
Linda Hunt - Well-being champion, Christian Distinctiveness Leader.
Rev Debra Dyson - Co Chair of Governors and Safeguarding Governor.
We would always advise you to contact us in the first instance if you are concerned about a child. However, if you are still concerned, please follow the link below for further advice. https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Care-for-children-and-families/Childprotection/First-Response.aspx
The key documents that all staff, governors and volunteers follow are:
Training and Resources for Schools
All Staff working at the school undergo rigorous checks through our safer recruitment procedures and all staff are trained in Level One Safeguarding. This is updated every two years for all staff.
Some staff in our schools have undergone other training including:
· Termly Designated Safeguarding Leader update.
· Peer on Peer abuse
· Operation Encompass.
· Level 2- Working together to safeguard children
· Level 2- Earliest Help
· Level 3- Domestic Abuse Multi-agency
· Level 3- Learning from Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews.
· Level 4- Designated Safeguarding Leader training
· Mental Health First Aider
· ELSA- Emotional Literacy Support Assistants
· Emotional coaching and trauma informed school (through the virtual college)
· Safer Recruitment training.
· Trauma recovery training (LDBE)
The majority of support is provided through the school’s nurture programme and restorative practice however we do work with a variety of other agencies to provide further support for our pupils.