Our School Motto
‘Growing in Faith and Learning’
‘Add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge’ 2 Peter 1:3
Our vision is to be an outstanding church school, guided by God, where learning is irresistible, achievement is high and our pupils leave us as independent successful learners, happy, confident individuals and caring, responsible citizens, excited by challenge, change and possibility.
‘Life in all its fullness’ John 10:10
Our overall aim is to ensure that all children maximise and achieve their true potential both academically and socially by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. In order to achieve this, we aim to support and develop our pupils in the following ways:
- by creating a Christian ethos of care, understanding, mutual respect, understanding and cooperation, throughout the whole school community and beyond, with everyone valued equally;
‘So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you’ Matthew 7:12
- by providing effective and stimulating teaching and interesting and enjoyable learning experiences which meet all of the requirements of the National Curriculum and which encourage children to be independent, lifelong learners;
‘He has filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skill’ Exodus 35:31
- by creating a calm, secure, well-structured positive learning environment based on high expectations, where each child should be able to learn and each teacher can teach without interruption from others;
‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these’ Matthew 19:14
- by developing positive partnerships between home, school, church and community, with regular communication and dialogue;
‘serve one another humbly in love’ Galatians 5:13
- by regularly celebrating the work and successes of our school community, therefore raising self-esteem;
‘Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever’ Daniel 12:3
- by ensuring that everyone has an equal opportunity to attain their full potential, regardless of their gender, faith, culture or ability.
‘But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control’ Galatians 5:22-23
Our Christian Values
‘ 'Serve the Lord cheerfully’ Psalm 100:2
Our School Prayer
Written by the children of St. Leonard's.
Dear Loving God,
Thank you for the opportunities you have provided us with. Please guide us as we progress through this school and look after us in times of need. Help us to fulfil our potential and help others achieve theirs. Help us to grow in faith and learn together.